Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu took a swipe at President Biden’s administration Tuesday, stating firmly that Israel – not the U.S. – will decide how best to retaliate against Iran’s recent aggression.
Biden administration officials have urged Israel to show restraint against both Iran and Hezbollah, the terrorist proxy group operating in Lebanon. Netanyahu’s regime has mulled action against Iran since it fired roughly 200 missiles into Israeli territory on Oct. 1.
“We listen to the opinions of the United States, but we will make our final decisions based on our national interest,” Netanyahu said in a statement.
Netanyahu issued the statement following a report from the Washington Post claiming that the Biden White House was confident that Netanyahu was in a “more moderate place” now than in recent weeks.
IDF MEETS LITTLE RESISTANCE FROM HEZBOLLAH AFTER WEEKS OF HITTING TERROR TARGETS, OFFICIALS SAY
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel will take U.S. concerns into consideration, but will ultimately make his own decisions. (OHAD ZWIGENBERG/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)
White House officials say Israel has assured the U.S. that it will not target Iran’s oil or nuclear facilities, however. That agreement came after Biden and Netanyahu held a phone call last week and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin met with Israeli officials this week, according to the Wall Street Journal.
White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan reportedly told Israeli officials earlier this month that the U.S. expects “clarity and transparency” about Israel’s plans, specifically regarding any retaliation against Iran for the latest missile attack.
AMERICAN FATHER OF HAMAS HOSTAGE ITAY CHEN PUSHES US, ISRAEL ON ‘PLAN B’ AS NEGOTIATIONS FALTER

A map of known Iranian nuclear sites.
Vice President Kamala Harris also wouldn’t say whether she thought the administration had influence over Netanyahu in an interview last week.
Nevertheless, Biden approved the Pentagon…

