NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The Department of Homeland Security and Department of War have joined a widening interagency investigation into a network of nonprofit groups funded by Shanghai-based American Marxist tech mogul Neville Roy Singham, allegedly sowing discord in the U.S., Fox News Digital has learned.
The expanding probe now includes multiple Trump administration agencies examining the coordination, funding and online organization of agitator groups and nonprofits allegedly tied to Singham’s network, which investigators suspect of sowing discord in the United States.
Homeland Security Secretary Markwayne Mullin told Fox News Digital he’s working with Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and intelligence agencies to uncover the inner workings of organizations “trying to stir up discontent.”
Mullin spoke exclusively to Fox News Digital after an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) raid in Manassas, Virginia, last week.
LAWMAKERS RAISE ALARM OVER NEVILLE ROY SINGHAM’S $278M NETWORK SPREADING CCP PROPAGANDA IN THE U.S.
President Donald Trump looks on as newly sworn-in Secretary of Homeland Security Markwayne Mullin speaks in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, D.C., on March 24, 2026. The Senate confirmed Mullin as the new chief of the Department of Homeland Security, which is managing a partial government shutdown while enforcing immigration policies. (Jim Watson/AFP)
Mullin said organizations have been coordinating their work using online channels. Anti-ICE agitators used the Signal encrypted text messaging app to facilitate anti-ICE protests in Minneapolis, Minnesota, earlier this year.
“We know there’s a coordinated effort trying to stir up discontent online, through online processes,” Mullin explained. “This is something we talk about with Scott Bessent. This is something that we talk about with Secretary Hegseth. We’re talking about it. You know, our directors and our intelligence…
